Monday, October 15, 2007

Unexpected Expenses!

We ran into some unexpected expenses this week. Luckily for us, we were prepared for it. Our no debt strategy paid off again! My truck, which I use to drive all over the place for work, had some problems this week. I came out from where I was working and found oil all over the place! I was thinking the worst! I had it towed to the dealer for the night. I would stop in and talk to the service manager in the morning when they opened.

Since many people call the dealership the "stealership", I needed to investigate my problem and arrive armed with knowledge. I jumped on my favorite websites that discussed trucks like mine and did some searching. I found out that the problem was not as bad as I had thought and I could go in and talk intelligently with the service manager. It all worked out. Although, it still cost us over $1000 after the rental car and tow, etc. Luckily, since we have no debt, we have plenty of money saved for situations like this. They don't hurt us nearly as bad as they would if we were loaded down with debt. The lack of stress associated with the situation makes it all worthwhile.


We are still looking for a car. We have also been looking for a Chevy Safari or Astro van. We need anything that will hold eight passengers....We will update when we know more...

1 comment:

Tracy said...

We drive a pontiac montana- nice drive, this is our second- we are still a two car family for trips, dinner out, etc, with seven kids, but you would be fine.
They no longer make it, it's worth looking into and getting one while you can. pretty good mileage, good heater.
Tracy