Sunday, August 26, 2012

Buying Clothes for A Large Family

There are eight people in our family.  That includes two teenagers.  Everyone knows that clothes are expensive.  We always try to stretch our clothes dollar to get the most clothes for the least amount of money.

One way we do this is to shop the end of season clearances.  I know this is not a big secret, but it we doit with a little twist.  We shop at Kohls.  We always get advertisements mailed to us that can get us up to 30% off of our total order.  That my friends is a fantastic deal.  Let me give an example....


I have to wear "business casual" dress at my office.  This is really nothing more than a pair of dress pants and a button down collar dress shirt.  I regularly check the Kohls clearance rack for dress shirts, just part of my strategy.  One day I was strolling through my local Kohls when I found this shirt:

$1.00 Shirt
The $1.00 shirt!!!!

You will never guess what I paid for this shirt.  The shirt was marked down to $1.00 on the clearance rack and we also had a 20% off coupon.  So for this shirt alone, we only paid 80 cents! Honestly we get things cheaper here than we can get second hand.  Then we can hand these down to the younger kids.


Now I will admit that is probably the cheapest I have ever purchased at Kohl's.  Although, I regularly get shirts there for between $5 and $10 easily.   The same goes for all the kids clothes too.   We will be documenting some of the purchases we get as we continue to find bargains.

One of the great things about Kohl's is that they provide some of these great deals online too.  Don't forget to check the clearance section online! Please check out the link below to help out our blog.


18022_Kohl's Buy More Save More: 20% Off $100 with Code FRIEND20, Valid 8/31-9/3



18022_Kohl's Expect Great Things!

No comments: