Monday, August 27, 2012

Go Get Yourself Some Cheap Eyeglasses!!!

I guess you can't hear me sing my ZZ Top themed title.  That is probably for the best.  Weather you have a lot of people in your family or not, this is a great tip.  A friend pointed me to this site...www.zennioptical.com.

This is one of the best money saving tips that I have received in some time.  I have three children and myself that wear glasses in my family.  Rather than test my theories on my children, I decided to try it on myself first.

What you will need is  your prescription from your eye doctor.  This will usually and a few numbers on it.  My lovely wife stopped by our eye doctor and asked for our prescriptions. They printed them out and handed them to her.  We were on our way to savings!  The only problem you may run into is if your PD distance is not listed on your prescription.  This is a measurement in millimeters.  The way I understand it, it is the distance between the center of your pupils. If your prescription does not list your PD distance, download the ruler on the Zenni site to figure this out.  You can also have a friend measure this for you.




 Late one night I visited the website and created an account.  I put in all of the information required.  Then I started browsing for frames.  The frame selection is listed by cost or type.  Since this was my test, I chose some cheap frames and after all of the options I had $12.95 in my eyeglasses.  Add $4.95 for shipping and voila, two weeks later I had my new glasses for about a whopping $18.00!  That is some savings compared to the $300 plus I pay at the eye doctor.

So I tried them out for a few weeks.  I have to say that I was very pleased with them.  So now for the kids.  I went back to the website ordered two for the kids and another set to keep at work for me.  I still check out of their website for less than $60 for three pairs of glasses shipped!


Some people will say that they have progressive lenses or bifocals and this won't work for me.  I passed the Zenni info on to another friend.  He has progressive lenses and decided to give Zenni a try.  He ordered a pair of glasses from them and received them for around $50 shipped without any issues.  He normally paid almost $600 for his glasses at the eye doctor.  He has since ordered several pairs and has not had any complaints.

People, please check this out, it can help save you large amounts of money for your family. If this is for you, it is worth it!

Have a great day....until next time.

No comments: