Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Saving Money on Online Purchases

Hi, it's is me again

Rick... Dad to all of those kids and today I want to tell you how we save a lot of money with my online purchases.

We were once in a spot where we needed a new washer and dryer.  I can't imagine how we could wear one out with six kids!  We went around to all of the retail stores and looked at all kinds of models.  We settled on the newer model high efficiency units. These units can wash and dry more clothes in a single load. They also save water, use less soap, and wash better with less wear and tear. Only one problem, they are really expensive!!!

My lovely wife said to me "There has to be a way to get these cheaper online, why don't you see if you can figure that out?"  I could not let her down!  So away I searched and......came up with nothing. Then she said "hey, what about this website?"


What she found was www.retailmenot.com.  This is a great site!  We new we could certain models at certain stores.  So we browsed by the stores we could use online. Sure enough,  Home Depot was running a 25 % off special coupon on a one time purchase of $1500 or more if you purchased online through retailmenot.  She was looking at me with that excited look in her eye that I absolutely love!  I was the first to be the downer.  "This is probably too good to be true...Let's give it a try."

Now, the washer and dryer combo we were looking at was priced at about $1450 online (about $1600 in the store).  We needed to spend about $50 more (not including delivery) to get this online deal.  Now if you are a regular reader, you know I would never tell you to spend more money, but this is different!  We found a silence pad system for the washer that was exactly the $50 we needed to hit the $1500 price requirement.  We put in our retailmenot offer code and BAM!!!!!   $375 magically came off the price!!!!  We were ecstatic!

So, in this instance, the washer/dryer combo that would have cost us about $1600 in the store, ended up costing us about $1125 online with retailmenot!!!!!

A few days later, the washer and dryer showed up, the delivery guys installed them. They have been running great.

Now we check retailmenot before we buy anything online.  We highly recommend it to save money online!  Check out their banner below...


If you like this post and think it would be valuable to someone you know, please share it on the social network of your choice  for me, okay? All you have to do is click one of the buttons below. Then add me to your Google+ circles. Thanks

 

No comments: